Ushio Philippines, Inc. (“UPI”, “Company”, “we”, “our”) commits to protect and respect the privacy of your personal information aligned with the Republic Act No. 10173, known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its corresponding Implementing Rules and Regulations (“IRR”).
As an applicant, we collect your personal information by submitting the following information through your resume:
- Name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, birthdate, gender, work experiences;
- Sensitive personal information such as educational background, marital status, age, religious affiliation.
Furthermore, we will collect additional personal information aside from the items listed above through an interview, background investigation, filling up an application form, and by the required documents we need. These personal information are as follows:
- Picture, signature, birth place, citizenship, family background and financial status;
- Sensitive personal information like government identification number, payroll bank account number, health condition and criminal offenses.
As a sole proprietor supplier, contractor, or service provider, we may collect your personal contact details and financial status through your submitted proposal and company profile.
In addition to these information, images via CCTV which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities, will also be collected.
All the collected information from applicants will be used to evaluate your qualification for the required job vacancy. Being qualified and hired as a UPI employee, these information will be used to process our government obligations, send you queries and company related announcements and information and process your salary and benefits.
Collected information from suppliers, contractors, and service providers will be used to evaluate your capabilities to provide us our required goods and services and to exchange business related transactions, negotiations and information, including payments and claims.
CCTV footages will be used to review security and safety related matters.
Storage, Retention and Disposal
Personal information gathered will be encoded to the system and will be retained until such time that these information may no longer be of use to the Company. Hard copies of the sources of the personal data are scanned and stored in the system, and shredded afterwards or returned to you for proper disposal. We may require you to update these information from time to time.
Access and Security
Systems where personal information are stored will be accessed by authorized personnel that processes these information for its intended use. These systems are protected with log-in credentials, access rights and are stored in a centralized server with daily full backups inside and outside the Company’s premises.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your personal information under an obligation of confidentiality with third parties for the following purposes:
- To our third party service providers that supports our business and are bound by obligations of confidentiality stated in the Data Sharing Agreement like, banks, manpower agencies, and software vendors;
- To government agencies and regulatory bodies as our compliance to their requirements;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of the Company, its employees and third parties.
Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right to be informed on the personal information gathered from you, where it will be used, how it will be processed, how it will be kept and how it will be disclosed. You may exercise your right to access these information, even electronically, and the right to object on any errors and misuse of your personal information. By discovering such errors and misuse, you have the right to erase and correct the personal information and be indemnified of any damages that caused such erroneous data and unauthorized use. For any negligence and breach that might have been done by our Company, you have the right to complain to the contact details below: